How can ARC Management Systems help you CE Mark your Product?
- We provide a fixed contract price, so from the beginning you know the full cost. We do not have hidden costs such as travel or daily rates with no project time-frames.
- We are Ireland’s largest CE Marking consultancy, so we have extensive experience not just structural steel but in all other aspects of CE such as building products, machinery, pressure vessels etc.
- Being the largest CE Marking consultancy it allows us to provide our clients with a multi disciplinary staff to support their project including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical and Quality Engineers.
- All of our Compliance Engineers have years of experience in the respective fields.
What is CE Marking of Structural Steel?
From the 1st July 2014 manufacturers of Structural Steel will be required, when placing a product on the market, to:
- Make a Declaration of Performance (DoP) for the product.
- Affix the CE Mark
This essentially means the performance of the structure must be declared directly on the product in the form of a label and a document called a declaration of performance. Manufacturers must also be audited and then will also only be allowed to manufacture structures within the execution class that the audit deems them competent to produce.
What must be done to pass this audit and achieve the execution class our company needs?
- Determine the execution class for the product range.
- Implement the complete Factory Production Control System.
- Implement welding procedures & testing (where required)
- Determine & develop the required product testing.
- Determine & develop the training requirements and records to be maintained.
- Have an external Audit of your premises and of the applicable standards by the notified body which is required by the standard.
- Develop and issue the required declarations and marks required for the finished product and accompanying documentation.