Benefits of Implementing an Energy Management System
The ISO 50001 Energy Management System requires organisations to continually improve energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy use and consumption.
The ISO 50001 Energy Management System is suitable for all businesses regardless of their size, geography or industry. If the business operates in an energy intensive industry or one that faces green house gas (GHG) emissions regulation or legislation it is particularly effective.
There are a number of benefits to implementing ISO 50001:
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Ensuring greater level of control
- Enhance image
- Satisfy the expectations of most stakeholders
- Reduced costs and improved business performance
- Improved compliance with energy legislation
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Demonstrating transparency and commitment
The ISO 50001 formalizes energy policies and objectives and embeds them into energy efficient thinking throughout the organisation.